Intro - Reducing food waste in Lebanon

Hi! I’m Philippe, founder of Too Good To Waste and I’m very happy to meet you all!

We’re are an early stage social start-up aiming at reducing food waste through food transformation and consumer’s education.

Find my loom presentation here: https://www.loom.com/share/43613607a64244fda3e0ea1d925686ec

Looking forward for the next step!

All the best to all of you guys with your projects!

Philippe

7 Likes

Hi Philippe
I think your voice was cut during the recording. However, I am interested in your project and looking forward to meeting you when you come back to Lebanon.
Greetings

1 Like

Hello Philippe,

As Osama previously mentioned that your voice was cut during the recording. I would like to know more about your project and what you are doing.

Hi @PhilippeR and welcome to the community! Would have loved to hear the end of that video. Hope you’re being safe in Paris during these troubling times. Looking forward to learning more about Too Good to Waste

Your startup sounds interesting! I watched an episode of a show called Last Week Tonight a while ago, about food waste, and I was in complete disbelief that sooooo much perfectly good food gets thrown away!! So I hope your start up creates an awareness change concerning this in Lebanon. Goodluck!

Food waste is such a big problem, especially when I always order more than I can eat :sweat_smile: I would like to hear the end of the recording though.
Stay safe!

Hey Osama!

Thank you a lot for your feedback!

Yes, I realised after all that my recording has sounds issues. Sorry for that!

I’m glad that you’re interested about my project against food waste!

I’ll definetly tell you more when I’ll be back in Beirut (in the 3 next months Inch Allah).

At the meantime you can visit my website (www.tgtw.me) or follow us on facebook (@tgtwlebanon) and Insta @toogoodtowaste.

Feel free also to share your own news about your project! I’ll be glad to hear more about it!

Stay safe and keep on going with the good job!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Hany!

Our project’s goals is to rescue as much as possible unsold/surplus veggies and fruits from food retailers in order to transform them intto nutritious and locally made end-products such as juices and soups.
We also want to organise fun culinary workshops to show them how to better use food ingredients at home in order to avoid food waste and save your own money.

We started 1 year ago and already did some culinary events and sells.

You can visit my website (www.tgtw.me) or follow us on facebook (@tgtwlebanon) and Insta @toogoodtowaste.

Feel free also to share your own news about your project! I’ll be glad to hear more about it!

Cheers!

Hey Dara!

Thank you a lot for your feedback! And yes I’m safe in Paris and I sincerelly hope that you are as well in Lebanon!

I’ll definetly tell you more when I’ll be back in Beirut (in the 3 next months Inch Allah).

At the meantime you can visit my website (www.tgtw.me) or follow us on facebook (@tgtwlebanon) and Insta @toogoodtowaste.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Sarah!

Yes, with the team, we’re trying our best to raise awareness on food waste in Lebanon…and soon in the UAE! But we want to do it in the fun way without culpabilizing anyone!

It’s been one year that we’ve been focusing on this issue and so far we’ve organ ised public awreness events called “Disco Soup Lebanon” both in Badaro and Hamra. W’ve also organised 2 anti-food waste diner meals and one was dedicated for underprivileged people, during Christmas time.

We also want to organise fun culinary workshops to show them how to better use food ingredients at home in order to avoid food waste and save your own money.

If you want to know, you can visit our website (www.tgtw.me) or follow us on facebook (@tgtwlebanon) and Insta @toogoodtowaste.

Cheers!

Hey Mike!

Thank you for your feed back! Ahaha, :sweat_smile: yes it’s not easy to always eat all the food that we order!

By the way, are you more a food delivery lover or more a cooker? Why so? :wink:

Well, if you’re interested about reducing your own food waste, follow us on Insta @toogoodtowaste. I’ll post soon some videos about buying, consuming and upcycling food in a time of crisis.

Cheers!

I actually love to cook food. However, it’s a matter of ingredient availability and knowledge of recipes. That’s why I go out to eat more often. Sure thing I’ll check you Instagram account for any updates :slight_smile:

I Liked the way you are dealing with it, teaching people better habits, appreciation , and contributing to food security. Best of Luck!

I liked the names of your events. Sounds like fun. As for me Im the owner of Habits, a publication for elementary students that focuses on providing a safe and nurturing platform to develop kids’ creativity, reading, writing, communication and civic skills. An important part of what we do is civic awareness, and in the past we’ve highlighted initiatives that kids were participating in that help our their society/environment.
Does your project have anything designed for kids/schools?

Thank you Sarah for your comments!

Your project sounds very interesting too and I wish the best of luck with it! It’s crucial to empower young generations with new and sustainable habits towards the community and the planet!

Actually yes, I would love to do some fun “anti-foodwaste workshops” for kids and I’m currently reflecting/working on the format and content of it.

Hopefully and when all this sanitary crisis will be over and I’ll be back to Lebanon, we might do something together if you’re interested! :wink:

Yes what was fun with Disco Soup is that we were playing music and we were dancing while transforming surplus food into free dishes for all. If you want to raise awareness on a issue, I believe that you need to do it in a positive and motivating way.

Let’s stay in touch! And keep me updated with your project as we might once again collaborate together in the future!

Take care of yourself and you loved ones and see you soon!

Philippe

P.S: Have you heard anthing regarding the Asfari challenge? Did they came with the competition’s results yet? I have no news on my side.

Thank you Mariam for your comments!

Yes, indeed, trying to change people’s mindsets through education but also fun is the best way to bring positive ans sustainable changes. Well, at least I believe in that.

And whats your project?

Looking forward to hear more about it!

Best of luck to you too! Cheers!

Hello!
I think once things settle down and I launch the next phase of my company ( the transition from print to digital content) Id love to work on such a project with you. You will see, that working with kids might have a potentially bigger impact on change than working with adults;) Let me know if you need any ideas concerning the workshop for kids.

Concerning the challange, this week (starting tomorrow) the Sprint will begin. You might have received an email with the link to the video from Bilal, but Ill paste it below in any case.

https://community.pitchworthy.co/t/sprint-plan-selection-criteria-and-important-message/2102

Stay in touch:)

Hey Sarah!

Yes you’re fully right! Working with kids can make a bigger impact than working adults. More they good habits at the early age/stage, and more they take them as granted after.

So let’s stay in touch and let me know when you’re ready to talk about collaborative actions together. At the mean time I wish you the best of luck with your transition phase!

And yes, if you have some pedagogic advices or experience about working with kids, I will be happy to learn more about it. So far, I have teaching experience with university students.

Thank you for the link but I couldn’t see the video as it’s seems to be private. anyway, I’ll contact Bilal directly for a follow-up.

Have a very nice day and see you soon!